Transactions and IP Agreements
Businesses frequently take part in transactions in which they can benefit from legal advice and assistance. Most of these transactions should include written agreements.
Common transactions include business formation, conflict resolution, purchase and sales agreements, intellectual property asset transfers and licenses, and mergers and acquisitions.
How we help
The attorneys of Avek IP have a broad range of experience in negotiating and drafting agreements related to intellectual property. We draft and negotiate customized agreements that are easily understood and avoid unnecessary legalese.
In addition, we often work with corporate counsel from other firms to review IP provisions in a variety of agreements. We also assist corporate counsel in conducting due diligence reviews of IP assets to be acquired in a transaction and provide advice on the scope of rights in any patents, trademarks or copyrights to be acquired.
Our transactions and IP agreement services include:
- IP due diligence review for mergers and acquisitions
- Licensing agreements (including software licensing)
- Patent, trademark, and copyright assignments
- Nondisclosure (confidentiality) agreements
- Independent contractor and employment agreements having IP provisions
Examples of recent experience
- Conducted intellectual property due diligence as part of mergers/acquisitions
- Drafted and negotiated non-disclosure agreements
- Drafted and negotiated agreements for the license or transfer of intellectual property
- Drafted and negotiated purchase order and sales agreements
- Drafted and negotiated research and development agreements
- Drafted and negotiated independent contractor agreements
- Drafted and negotiated manufacturing agreements
- Drafted and negotiated services agreements
- Drafted and negotiated co-development agreements
- Drafted and negotiated agent agreements
- Drafted and negotiated influencer agreements
- Drafted website privacy policies and terms and conditions
- Prepared company formation documents for corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships
Need help with your IP transaction or agreements?
Our experienced IP attorneys are ready to assist with a wide variety of transactional matters. Contact us today for a free consultation.